What is AACS protection?
The AACS (Advanced Access Content System) is the first level of copy protection applied to pre-recorded discs developed by the AACS Licensing Administrator, a consortium of companies including Disney, Intel, Microsoft, Panasonic, Warner Bros., IBM, Toshiba and Sony. It is based on Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), a robust 128-bit key encryption system developed by the US government.
AACS includes a system by which the keys assigned to a particular player can be “revoked” for future Blu-ray disc releases if it is determined that those keys have been compromised. When a newer Blu-ray disc is inserted into an older drive, the drive is required to check the version of the “Media Key Block” (MKB) on the disc and, if it is newer than the one the drive has internally, to copy over to permanent non-volatile memory the newer MKB. Thus playing newer discs propagates the revoked key lists out to all drives.
AACS was broken beginning in late 2006, and numerous AACS decryption programs are available online. The key revocation system ensures, however, that the AACS licensing organization and the hacker community are constantly playing a cat-and-mouse game.
Remove AACS copy protection
On 26 December 2006, a person using the alias “muslix64” published a working, open-sourced AACS decrypting utility named BackupHDDVD, looking at the publicly available AACS specifications. Given the correct keys, it can be used to decrypt AACS-encrypted content. A corresponding BackupBluRay program was soon developed. Blu-ray Copy is a program capable of copying Blu-rays to the hard drive or to blank BD-R discs.
Application to bypass Blu-ray AACS protection
Currently, you can use the following application to bypass Blu-ray AACS protection: Acrok Blu-ray Ripper, Blue-ray Ripper, Aiseesoft Blu-ray Ripper, Ideal Blu-ray Copy, Magic Blu-ray Copy, 1CLICK Blu-ray Copy, DVDFab Blu-ray Copy, Xilisoft Blu-ray Copy, Leawo Blu-ray Copy, Aimersoft Blu-ray Ripper
Best tool to decryption Blu-ray AACS protection
Although all above listed application can assist you to bypass Blu-ray AACS protection, however, if you are looking for a program that can bypass more Blu-ray copy protection, offer various output options, we highly recommend Pavtube ByteCopy to you. The program has the following great advantages:
– Full importing support for both 3D/2D Blu-ray disc, BDMV folder and ISO image file
– Powerfully bypass all Blu-ray copy protection including AACS, BD+, Cinavia, UOP, DRM, BD-ROM Mark and High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection, etc.
– Keeps constant update to bypass new encryption such as MKB61 and MKB62 used on many of the recently released Blu-ray movies.
– 1:1 full disc copy of Blu-ray movies with original file structure
– Fast main movie copy without unwanted comments, ads, trailers, etc
– Lossless multi-track MKV copy from Blu-ray with all the subtitle languages and audio tracks
– Rip Blu-ray to various popular file formats and device preset profile formats
– Select desired subtitle languages and audio tracks from internal Blu-ray movies
– Enable forced subtitles to disable the traditional subtitles while still preserving the subtitles that translate foreign language speaking parts.
– Add external subtitles to Blu-ray movies.
– Edit Blu-ray movies by trimming, cropping, merging, splitting, watermarking, deinterlacing, flipping, apply special rendering effect, change video picture effect, remove/replace audio in video, etc.
– Adjust output profile parameters such as video codec, resolution, bit rate, frame rate, audio codec, bitrate, sample rate, and channels to get better output video and audio quality.
– Available on both Windows and Mac platform (get Mac version).
Step by Step to Bypass Blu-ray AACS Copy Protection
Step 1: Load Blu-ray disc into the program.
Run the program on your computer, insert the Blu-ray disc into an external Blu-ray drive. Click “File” > “Load from disc” to load Blu-ray disc into the program. Apart from Blu-ray disc, you can also use the program to rip Blu-ray folder and ISO image file.
Tips: The program can automatically detect the main Blu-ray title (the one with largest file size and longest length) for you.
Step 2: Copy Blu-ray in different ways.
Full disc copy
Make a full disc copy by hitting the icon on the top tool bar of the main interface.
Main movie copy
From “Format” bar, select “Copy” > “Direct Copy” to copy the main movie of the Blu-ray/DVD disc.
Output digital file formats or device preset profile formats
From “Format” bar drop-down list, select one of your desired file formats or device preset profile formats according to your own needs.
Step 3: Start Blu-ray AACS protection bypassing process.
After finishing all the settings, go back to the main interface, press the right-bottom “Convert” button to start to rip AACS encrypted Blu-ray movies to your desired file formats.
When the conversion is completed, click “Open output folder”, a window will pop out with all your converted files. Then you will have no limitation to play the ripped Blu-ray movies on your smartphones, tablets, game consoles, TVs, etc.