What is BD+?
BD+ is a sophisticated protection scheme used by some blu-ray discs. Its intent was to prevent unauthorized copies of Blu-ray disc and the playback of Blu-ray media using unauthorized devices. It is effectively a virtual machine embedded in authorized players, allows content providers to include executable programs on Blu-ray disc, such programs can:
– examine the host environment, to see if the player has been tampered with. Every licensed playback device manufacturer must provide the BD+ licensing authority with memory footprints that identify their devices.
– verify that the player’s keys have not been changed.
– execute native code, possibly to patch an otherwise insecure system.
– transform the audio and video output. Parts of the content will not be viewable without letting the BD+-program repair it.
The reason to remove BD+ protection from Blu-ray disc
It is pretty important to make sure that you have the proper permission to decrypting BD+. Some people may just want to put the movie on their hard drive so that you can water it later with a desktop media player software, other people may wish to digitize their Blu-ray movies on their laptop so that they don’t need to carry around a bunch of heavy disc, there are still some people may come the need to enjoy the copied Blu-ray movies on their portable devices such as smartphone or tablets on the move.
Programs to circumvent BD+ protection from Blu-ray disc
Versions of BD+ protection have been circumvented by various versions of the AnyDVD HD program. Other programs known to be capable of circumventing BD+ protection are DumpHD (versions 0.6 and above, along with some supporting software), MakeMKV, and two applications from DVDFab (Passkey and HD Decrypter).
All above listed applications can assist you to break the BD+ copy protection from Blu-ray disc, however, for those people who wish to find a program that not only assist you to bypass the BD+ protection, but also rip copied Blu-ray movies to various digital file formats or devices/applications preset profile formats for better entertainment on different devices and applications, Pavtube ByteCopy is absolutely your best choice. With the program, you can do the following jobs perfect:
– Powerfully remove all Blu-ray copy protection not only BD+, but also Cinavia, UOP, DRM, BD-ROM Mark and High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection, etc.
– Keeps constant update to bypass new encryption such as MKB61 and MKB62 used on many of the recently released Blu-ray movies.
– Perfect loading support for 3D/2D Blu-ray disc, BDMV folder and ISO image file
– 1:1 full disc copy of Blu-ray with original file structure
– A fast main movie copy of Blu-ray movies with unwanted comments, trailers, ads, etc
– Rip Blu-ray to various popular SD/HD and even 4K file formats such as 4K H.264 or 4K H.265
– Direct output Blu-ray to devices or applications preset profile formats with the optimal playback and editing settings
– Flexibly adjust output video and audio profile parameters to get better output file quality
– Select desired subtitle languages or audio tracks from internal Blu-ray movies
– Enable forced subtitles for Blu-ray movies and add external SRT/ASS/SSA subtitle to Blu-ray movies.
– Edit Blu-ray movies by trimming, cropping, merging, splitting, watermarking, applying special effect, deinterlacing, etc
– Available on both Windows and Mac platform (get Mac version).
Step by Step to Remove BD+ Protection from Blu-ray Disc?
Step 1: Load Blu-ray disc into the program.
Run the program on your computer, insert the Blu-ray disc into an external Blu-ray drive. Click “File” > “Load from disc” to load Blu-ray disc into the program. Apart from Blu-ray disc, you can also use the program to rip Blu-ray folder and ISO image file.
Tips: The program can automatically detect the main Blu-ray title (the one with largest file size and longest length) for you.
Step 2: Copy Blu-ray in different ways.
Full disc copy
Make a full disc copy by hitting the icon on the top tool bar of the main interface.
Main movie copy
From “Format” bar, select “Copy” > “Direct Copy” to copy the main movie of the Blu-ray/DVD disc.
Output digital file formats or device preset profile formats
From “Format” bar drop-down list, select one of your desired file formats or device preset profile formats according to your own needs.
Step 3: Start Blu-ray BD+ protection bypassing process.
After finishing all the settings, go back to the main interface, press the right-bottom “Convert” button to start rip BD+ encrypted Blu-ray movies to your desired file formats.
When the conversion is completed, click “Open output folder”, a window will pop out with all your converted files. Then feel free to copy your favorite Blu-ray to external hard drive, play Blu-ray with VLC on computer, transfer Blu-ray to iPad or stream Blu-ray movies to TV via home media server or from USB drive.