Having a hard time converting 16:9 .mts files to 4:3 in DVD? Have you been struggling for almost 8 hours to figure this out but still didn’t get the way? Many people like to record some video with camera/camcorders. When they want to take the .mts files shot and burn them to a disc, some need to scale down the 16:9 mts file of 1920×1080 to 704×576 4:3 mpg2 / DVD. So it needs not just shrinking but also cropping. How to do it?
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is a powerful solution for converting 16:9 MTS to 4:3 DVD. It can not only convert MTS to DVD with high quality, but also features easy-to-use editing facilities. You can join MTS files together, trim out unwanted frames, select 16:9 or 4:3 display ratio, remove the interlaced lines, crop black bar, set 5.1 surround sound, and customize file size and video quality when converting MTS to DVD compatible formats.
Besides, it also can make you replace audio in video or mute the audio in video. You also can add external srt/ssa/ass subtitles to video to make your video more like a film. In addition, Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate and its equivalent Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac are available at 20% discount now in that Pavtube Studio is holding on Year-End & Christmas Deal. You can buy them now from the links:Windows Buy | Mac Buy
How to Convert 16:9 .mts to 4:3 DVD for DVD authoring/burning?
Step 1: load source files to it
Launch Pavtue M2TS to DVD Converter and the window below will pop up. Click “Add Video” icon or “Add from folder” icon to load your source AVCHD files. As soon as the files are loaded, you can select anyone of them and click play button to preview.
Tips: If you have some MTS files and want to merge into one file to burn to one disc. You can tick off the checkbox “Merge into one file”.
Step 2: Select 4:3 DVD (PAL orNTSC)
Now select an output format for each video file and specify a directory on your computer to save the output files. Click on “Format” bar, select “VCD/DVD/SVCD” from the list and find in submenu DVD formats of NTSC and PAL form. Both 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios are available. Here you are advised to select 720*480 DVD format of 4：3 aspect ratio, as the MTS is a typical HD video format and usually contains 1920*1080 or 1280*720 video contents in 16:9 aspect ratio. Using 4:3 aspect ratio may lead to stretched image. Optional output formats are MPG, AVI, WMV, etc. When set output folder, you can either type in save path in “Output” box or click the icon folder and browse to the destination folder.
This “NTSC” and “PAL” are two different standards for different regions.
NTSC mostly for north America, Japan, Korea, Canada, Philippines.
PAL mostly for Europe, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Africa.
If you choose the wrong standard, then the DVD you created may not be well played by your DVD player.
Step 3: Start converting 16：9 MTS to 4：3 DVD
Click “Convert” button to start converting 16：9 MTS/M2TS to 4：3 DVD. After the conversion task is done, click “Open” button to get the generated DVD files. The most popular DVD authoring applications for windows platform are Nero, Ulead DVD MovieFactory, WinDVD, Roxio Media Creator and DVD Flick (freeware).
1. Eliminate the interlacing lines: click “Editor” menu, switch to “Effect” and check the box of “Deinterlacing” when your source MTS or MTS files are interlaced 1080i or 720i videos.
2. Adjust output file size and video quality: click “Settings” button and adjust video and audio bitrate. If the files exceed 4.7 gigabytes (DVD 5), then they are too large for the DVD. Otherwise you can improve the video quality by setting higher bit rate. Note that the video and audio bit rate should not be greater than that of original MTS files.
3. Trim out unwanted frames: click “Editor” menu, switch to “Trim” tab, plays the video, click “[” to set start time and “]” to set end time. The duration will be preserved and other part will be trimmed out. By trimming you can cut out unwanted part and remain only desired frames.
The MTS/M2TS Converter also converts *.mts, *.m2ts, *.ts, *.tp, *.trp videos to various video and audio formats. To learn more information about AVCHD (MTS/M2TS) editing , playing , DVD burning, then you can go for this AVCHD Column Page.
Is it the all Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate can do?
- As the all-in-one media solutoin, Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate can give you more.
- Convert PAL to NTSC and convert NTSC and PAL
- Hard burn external subtitles to video permanently
- Batch convert multiple ISO files to MP4, TiVo to MPEG format, Tivo to QuickTime, M2TS to MKV, MOV to MP4 and convert PVR recordings.
- Rip Blu-ray M2TS to H.264 MKV, and copy DVD by killing DVD region codes.
- Convert audio files only or export audio from video.
- Convert and add MKV, AVI, TS, MP4 to Powerpoint.