Q1: “Does anyone know if its possible to play DVD ISO’s back when accessing Kodi via the Xbox One media app? I can access my Kodi Library but when I click on the ISO it says “Format Unsupported”. Is there any way around this like transcoding on the fly or have I just done something wrong?”
Q2: “I am thinking about converting my DVD and BluRay discs to ISO files and storing away the discs. Anyone know if it is possible for the Xbox One to play the ISO files with the menus and all through either DLNA server on a NAS (preferred) or locally connected to a USB hard drive? I know Xbox One can play “ripped” movies but would really prefer to have the menus and extras. Appreciate any feedback, tnx.”
Then is there any way to help you out? Absolutely yes. This article will show you how to convert Blu-ray/DVD (ISO) movies and play it with Xbox One.
How to rip Blu-ray/DVD (ISO) movies for Xbox One What we need:
- A Xbox One
- A Blu-ray Drive
- You Blu-ray/DVD (ISO) movies
BDMagic (or Pavtube BDMagic for Mac) It has updated to support El Capitan system that makes you convert ISO to Xbox One on Mac without any hassle. And for feedback consumers, you like its Facebook then you can get the the biggest discount.
In fact, it is easy to stream Blu-ray/DVD ISO movies to Xbox One compliant devices as long as you got a ISO Converter in hand. The article will tell you how to enjoy ISO files to Xbox One use over DLNA while keeping the best quality. Here, I recommend you Pavtube BDMagic software, which is highly acclaimed among a mass of customers for its omnipotent Blu-ray, DVD ripping ability and utmost video quality. Regardless of region code, Disney copy protection, etc, it can help you rip Blu-ray(ISO) and DVD (ISO/IFO) to Xbox One friendly formats, say MPEG4, AVI, H.264, without even a hiccup. After the 1, 2, 3, easy conversion steps, you can stream your Blu-ray/DVD (ISO) over to your Xbox One, by managing through Media Center Extender (MCE) via a home network to Xbox One, even the older Xbox 360. Read the review.
- Easy-to-use: Not everyone is computerman. An intuitive interface and simple-to-operation feature can make a program more popular.
- Multiple-function: Rip any encrypted and region-locked Blu-ray/DVD or ISO/IFO to whatever format you want, like H.265, M3U8, MP4, MOV,etc. Convert 4K/SD/HD video in any format, including H.265, to another popular format.
- It provides kinds of optimal video presets for Android, iOS, Windows based portable devices like Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kindle Fire HD, etc. as well HD TVs (Samsung TV, LG TV…) and Game Consoles (PS3, PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360).
- Customize your personal video: Allows you to adjust your ISO video/audio parameters like bitrate, size to get the video you want. “Edit” icon offers you video trimming/cropping, subtitle adding, etc functions.
- GPU Acceleration: Based on Windows, if you plan to rip ISO to DLNA certified NAS in H.264 codec, you can get 6X times speed.
Now get the right version product and follow the steps to backup ISO to Xbox One.
Step 1: Load Blu-ray/DVD ISO movie
Run ISO to Xbox One software on your PC or Mac. Then click “IFO/ISO” icon to load your ISO image files. As you see, you can directly load Blu-ray and DVD discs.. If there are several language subtitles in your ISO movies, you can select the language subtitle you want to show in your movie by “Subtitle”.
Step 2: Select video format.
Here we select mp4 with H.264 codec for Xbox One. Click the Format drop-down list, and select “Zune/Xbox 360 Device”> “Xbox 360 HD Video (*.wmv): as the target format. You can select other Xbox360 format for watching.
Tip: If you have special requirements on target video, click “Settings” to customize video size, bitrate, frame rate and sample rate. You can adjust best aspect ratio like full 1080p, 1080i or 720P or 640*480, etc for your Xbox One.
Step 3. Ripping Blu-ray/DVD (ISO) to WMV for Xbox One.
Click the red “Convert” button to start ripping Blu-ray/DVD(ISO) to WMV for Xbox One. When it finishes, click the “Open Output Folder” icon to quick locate the converted video.
How to Transfer the Converted Video to Xbox One
Theoretically, there’s no way to import videos to your Xbox One, unless you purchased it from Xbox Live. However, you can transfer the BD/DVD (ISO) movies to Xbox One, if you:
1. Connect your Xbox One to a PC using Windows Media Center;
2. Copy the DVD movie media file to a USB flash drive and play it on Xbox One.
Using any one of the methods above, you can play Blu-ray/DVD (ISO) movies on Xbox One free without buying videos on Xbox Live.