It’s fairly pleasure to view movies in virtual cinema mode with Samsung’s Gear VR headset. Besides preparing 3D movies for watching, you can also try to convert your backed up ISO files from Blu-ray or DVD on computer into 3D video for playback on Gear VR in Oculus Cinema. In this article, you are going to learn how to rip ISO from Blu-ray/DVD to 3D SBS MP4/MKV for Gear VR in a simple way.
To change ISO to 3D SBS videos, we need to utilize a ISO to 3D Converter. Here Pavtube BDMagic is the best choice. (Read reviews) It can help you successfully convert Blu-ray, DVD and ISO files to 3D movie with the original video quality for playing in Gear VR as well as other 3D players like Stereoscopic Player and 3D Projector easily. In addition, it offers you numerous 3D effects to decide on as. Now download the software and follow the below steps.
Free download the ISO to Gear VR Converter:
How to rip Blu-ray/DVD ISO to SBS MP4/MKV videos view on Gear VR
Step 1. Load ISO movies
Download and launch this ISO to 3D MP4/MKV converter, and import your ISO files to it by clicking “File” > “Load IFO/ISO”. After the movies are loaded, you can preview them on the right viewing window and adjust volume or take snapshots freely.
Step 2. Select SBS MP4/MKV as the output format
Then click “Format” and select “MKV Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mkv)” or “MP4 Side-by-Side 3D Video (*.mp4)” from “3D Video” category as the output format. (Read differences Between Anaglyph 3D and Side-by-Side 3D)
Step 3. Click “Settings” icon to adjust audio and video parameters
By clicking the “Settings” button, you can modify the video/audio parameters like 1920*1080 (Full HD 1080P video resolution), which can help you get the output videos with high quality.
Step 4. Start to convert Blu-ray/DVD ISO to Gear VR
When you have finished all the above settings, you can simply click the Convert button on the main interface and let the software do the ISO to Gear VR MP4 conversion for you. After the conversion, click “Open Folder” icon to locate the converted video files and then transfer them to your Galaxy Note 4 for watching on Gear VR in Oculus Cinema in 3D effect with ease.
To view your SBS 3D video files on your Gear VR, follow these steps:
- On your MicroSD card file directory, navigate to Oculus > Movies > Your Movies
- Create a new folder within “Your Movies” and label it “3D”
- Import or move your side-by-side 3D videos into your newly created “3D” folder
- Once you have created your 3D content folder and imported compatible video files, insert your MicroSD card into your Galaxy Note 4 (if it isn’t already), dock the phone in your Gear VR, and don the virtual reality headset.
- Navigate to Oculus Cinema from the main menu
- Navigate to “My Videos” from the Oculus Cinema content library menu
- Select the 3D video you wish to view (if you followed the above steps it should have a “3D” label in the upper righthand corner)
- Choose the cinema mode to begin playback
More related tips: