This tutorial will show you how to use the best XMedia Recode Mac alternative to convert videos and movies on Mac OS X 10.8/10.9 (Mountain Lion and Mavericks) with ease.
XMedia Recode is one of the top-rating video converter which is developed for Microsoft Windows (Windows 8 included) to convert nearly all popular audio and video format including WMV, MP3, Matroska, MP4, 3GP, and more, and unprotected DVDs or DVD files to any format. However, it doesn’t work with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, let alone the lastest Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks. Fortunately, this doesn’t mean convert videos and movies on Mountain Lion or Mavericks is impossible. As an award-winning program, Pavtube Video Converter for Mac is a good XMedia Recode Mac alternative to convert various videos in a hassle-free way on Mac OS X 10.8 and 10.9.
Overall, Pavtube Video Converter for Mac is an easy to use yet ideal video converting tool to convert SD video clips (YouTube FLV/F4V, MP4, AVI, MPG, WMV), digital camcorder recordings (MXF, MTS AVCHD, MOV, MP4, MVI), DVR videos (TiVo), audio files (MP3, MP2, WMA, FLAC) and more. What’s more, 150+ video presets for iPhone, iPad, iPod, PSP, Android, PlayBook, HP TouchPad, iMovie, Final Cut Pro, etc. are provided to help you get videos with the best settings to fit your portable devices, software, video sharing sites, etc.
It has a simple navigating interface. Even a green hand can handle it easily. The picture below is the screenshot of the interface of it.
The main features:
- Convert video to virtually all formats
- It supports converting videos either downloaded from online or taken by camcorders to over 30 major formats, including AVI, WMV, FLV, MOV, MP4, ASF, VOB, MKV, etc.
- Allow for video editing tools
- The editing tools including trimming, cropping, splitting, and adding text/image effects to add more fun when watching movies and videos. It also supports adding *.srt and *.ass subtitle into video and merge them into video part.
- How to convert TiVo shows to MPEG with TiVo to MPEG Converter for Mac?
- Transfer MKV, AVI, VOB, Tivo, MPG, WMV and Flash videos to iPhone 5S/5C from Mac 10.9 Mavericks
- How to import FLV files to iMovie for editing?
- Tutorial on Getting HD videos and movies on Kindle Fire HDX on Mac 10.9
With the help of XMedia Recode Mac Alternative, you can convert Video/Audio to any formats you need and enjoy them on your PC or transfer to other devices.
To fulfill the Mac users’ need, you also can achieve the Windows version- XMedia Recode Alternative.
Download and install the program and follow the guide below to convert your movies on Mountain Lion and Mavericks easily.
Step 1: Import movies
Launch XMedia Recode Mac Alternative and import source video and movie from computer to one by one, or add a folder to the app at the same time.
Step 2: Specify output format
Next, choose an output video/audio format. Simply click the icon that shows the original video format and select a format from the list. As you can see, almost all popular output video formats are available. If you want to play movies on your MacBook, you can either choose MP4, MOV or M4V. Or select a format under “iPad”, “iPhone” or “iPod” etc. to get video files with optimized settings for iPhone, iPad, iPod etc. For Android, just find your the profile under “Android” category.
Learn to customize a suitable profile for your portable devices with Pavtube Mac software
Step 3: Start the conversion
When all settings are OK, click the Convert icon on the lower right to begin converting your video to the format you prefer with this XMedia Recode Mac Alternative for Mountain Lion and Mavericks.