If you’re a movie buff, you probably have a collection of DVDs you ve spent a considerable amount of money on over the years. While you can certainly get an entertainment system to house all of your DVDs, your DVDs will still wear out with time. DVDs can also become damaged in a number of other ways.
If you have children, you already know your DVD library is often the target of sticky fingers, which is a highly effective way to corrupt a DVD and cause accidents that result in stepped on and broken DVDs. If you really like your home DVD library, the best way to maintain your movie collection is to make digital backups of your physical DVDS.
How to Make a Digital Backup of Your DVD Library
You can make digital backups of your home movie collection in several ways. If you own mostly new movies, getting these DVDs in a digital format should be very easy. Almost all new DVDs come with a separate disc that contains a universal digital copy of the DVD. You can insert this disc into any computer drive to access a restricted link where you can download a specified number of digital copies of the new movie you purchased. You can even download digital versions of your movie in the MPEG-4 format that will allow you to play your movie on mobile devices such as a smartphone or tablet.
If you have many older movies in your DVD library and you want to maintain this collection by making a new digital DVD library, you re going to need to use DVD copy software to accomplish this. There are a few different types of DVD copy software you can use to convert your older DVDs into a digital format.
First, you’ll need DVD ripping software to transfer the movie files from the physical DVDs to your computer. There are several free DVD ripping software suites available for download, but these free versions tend to be slower, buggier and require a relatively high degree of technical knowledge.
Some of the best-rated DVD ripping software suites include DVD Cloner, 123CopyDVD, 1Click DVD Copy, DVDFab and SlySoft CloneDVD. These software suites range in price from about $40 to $60 and are incredibly simple to use, according to user reviews. In particular, 1Click DVD Copy can complete the whole DVD ripping process with just one click. These software packs also are capable at CSS decryption and removing region codes, which allows you to easily copy DVDs you legally own without being stopped by copyright protections.
Storing Your Home DVD Library
Once you access the universal digital copy of your DVDs or rip them to your computer, the files will be stored directly on your hard drive. The problem with this is that if you have many movies in your DVD library, your collection will swallow your hard drive space very quickly. Storing several dozen movies will leave you with little to no hard drive space at all! To prevent this, many people choose to store their large DVD library on an external hard drive, which is easy to do. You just need to purchase an external hard drive and software with DVD-compression capabilities.
The World No.1 DVD Copier, DVD Ripper, DVD Decrypter Recommended
There are far too many DVD ripper programs out there, and every vendor praises their own product. If you decide to turn your physical DVD movies to digital form but don’t know which ripper is better to take, as a veteran in DVD digitization, here, Pavtube BDMagic/Pavtube BDMagic for Mac is highly recommend as the great DVD ripping tools I ever used. It can circumvent copy protection mechanisms, such as the encryption used on most commercial DVDs and shift format. Learn the key features of the best DVD copy and ripping software. Read the review.
- Break various DVD encryption including Region, RCE, CSS, CPRM, UOP, AACS, etc.
- 1:1 backup DVD in original video structure and video quality.
- Directly copy DVD main title to VOB file.
- Convert DVD disc, DVD ISO/IFO, DVD Folder to h.265, m3u8, mp4, mov, m4v, avi, mkv, flv, etc.
- This Blu-ray Ripper could rip Blu-rays and DVDs to popular audio and video formats for you to enjoy the movie on PC and wide screen TV. Support output to PS4, Apple TV, WD TV player, Xbox, iPad Pro, iPhone, iPod, Galaxy Tab, Nexus, etc.
- Trim and crop DVD videos so that you can upload the clips to YouTube, Vimeo and other sharing sites.
- Split a whole DVD video to several segments and merge selected movie titles into one file.
- Select desired subtitles stream and audio track or copy and rip DVD with forced subtitle.
- Add text watermark to selected DVD video clip. You can either set parameters or drag the text on preview screen to set its location.
- The additional Full Disk Copy facility enables you to backup the whole contents from Blu-ray disc and DVD with original HD quality and directly copy format allows saving 100% intact M2TS/VOB main movie from Blu-ray/DVD Disc.
- The app supports CUDA acceleration in the availability of NVIDIA CUDA graphics card and adopts a redesigned GUI (Graphical User Interface), which is more user-friendly and in-style.
- More than 200 formats listed to ensure you can get the desired video and audio types, like m3u8, Prores, H.265 MKV, AVI, MP4, WMV, FLV, MPEG, MOV, RMVB, FLAC, AAC, AC3, AIFF, AMR, M4A, etc.
- Rip latest 2D/3D Blu-ray and DVD to 3D videos with ultrafast speed for true theater entertainment at home.
- You can adjust profile parameters, rename and save it for easy access to next conversion.
- Support latest Blu-ray/DVD discs and Supported Decrypt Blu-ray MKB61.
- Add SRT/ASS/SSA subtitles to your original DVD videos
- Adjust video/audio resolution, bitrate, frame rate, sample rate, codec, channel before copy and rip DVD.
Free Download this Top DVD Copier and Ripper:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
Caution: reselling or distributing the DVD Ripping movies on the internet or other platforms will be regarded as infringement act! Don’t do that, and just use them on your personal devices.