Can DVD players play WMV files? Many of us have been asking the above same question and may also encounter WMV won’t play on DVD player troubleshooting. WMV, or Windows Media Video, is a video file format that can be read by several media players, such as Bitberry Final Media, Apple’s QuickTime Player and Windows Media Player, as well as video-editing systems. WMV video files can also be used to create DVD movie discs. Once a WMV file is burned to DVD, the file can be played on any standard DVD player that has the ability to read DVD-Rs.
There are many ways of Play WMV Files on a DVD Player, here, we will show you two methods, Just choose one way as you want:
Part I: Burn WMV files with DVD Burner
- Open any DVD-burning program that you have on your computer. Insert the DVD into the disc drive and try to burn the WMV file with the DVD program. Some popular DVD programs, like Roxio Creator and Cyberlink PowerDVD have the ability to burn WMV files to disc.
- Download an application that can create ISOs from WMV video files if you do not have a DVD-burning software on your computer or if your DVD-burning software won’t burn the WMV file to disc. ImgBurn and Free ISO Create Wizard are free ISO-building applications that can create an ISO, the type of image file burned to DVDs, from WMVs (see Resources).
- Go to the “Start” menu, and “All Programs.” Scroll to the name of the ISO-building application that you downloaded to your computer, and click the program name to launch the application.
- Press the “Upload” or “Add File” button in the program. Find the file on the hard drive in the window that comes up and double-click it to add it to the ISO project.
- Click “Create ISO.” Select the folder on your hard drive where you want the ISO file to save and enter a name for the file, then press “Save.”
- Open the DVD-burning program on your computer. Burn the ISO file to disc in the DVD-burning program.
Part II: Convert and Transfer WMV files to DVD Player on Windows/Mac
In order to solve can’t play WMV on DVD player, you first need to know which video format does your DVD player can play and then convert your WMV to DVD player supported format so as to successfully burn WMV to DVD disc for easy playback on DVD player. Here is the second and most effective way – with extraordinary features, Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate is a must-have video converter to convert various HD and SD videos like wmv video for playing on any iOS, Android and Windows devices, including the DVD players (Sony, Philips, Toshiba, Panasonic, Samsung and LG etc.). Here is review.
Note: The equivalent Mac version is iMedia Converter for Mac. Now you can use it to convert videos like A-B-C for plaing on DVD Player.
Free Download WMV to DVD Converter:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
Step 1: Add source WMV file
Launch the excellent WMV to Surafce Converter. And then click “Add Video” import your source materials in .wmv format. Besides WMV, you can also load FLV, MKV, AVI, VOB, TiVo, MPG, MOV, etc. files to the program. Batch conversion is supported so that you can add multiple files.
Step 2: Choose a DVD Player Supported profile
In order to transcode WMV to AVI, you are suggested to choose “Xvid AVI – Audio Video Interleaved(Xvid)(*.avi)” as output format. If you require for high quality, “DivX HD(*.avi)” would be a great choice.
Step 3: Make personal settings optionally and additionally
If you like, you can click “Settings” to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish.
Step 4: Start converting WMV video to DVD Player
After above settings, you can start the WMV to MP4 Conversion to fit the DVD Player so as to play back videos in portable and wireless way. You can view the duration and remaining time of the conversion process, and choose whether to shut down computer and open output folder when conversion completed.
Once the process completes, download and transfer the converted MP4 videos to your devices and DVD Player using the USB cable and enjoy it in travel.
P.S. Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate also enables or add external subtitle, crop and trim videos, merge multiple videos, adjust parameters by clicking the “Edit” button and take snapshot.