This article shows how to convert/transfer iTunes DRM movie to MP4 for Asus Transformer Book Duet TD300, so that you can playback iTunes DRM movie on this Windows/Android Tablet without format and protection problem.
ASUS is dropping someone from the band, following up their dual-OS Transformer Book Trio with the Duet, a laptop/tablet hybrid that can run both Windows 8 and Android 4.2. You’ll find a 13.3” 1080p IPS display, too, which can be removed from the keyboard and used as a tablet. Another difference this time is that when removed from the keyboard, the tablet will still be able to run Windows 8.1. The one processor supports both operating systems this time, which can be switched using a button on the display or the keyboard.
Anyhow, it is very enjoyable for playing HD videos on Duet TD300. But someone may ask the question: Is it possible to transfer movies already bought and downloaded from Itunes to my new Asus Transformer Book Duet TD300? If so, how?
Yes, it is possible. This is a bit complicated as the movies purchased or rented from iTunes Store are protected by DRM which prevents you from playing them on non-iOS devices. You can put the protected iTunes movies onto the Duet TD300 though, but the movies won’t play. In order to enjoy iTunes DRMed M4V movies on the Asus Transformer Book Duet TD300 Tablet, you need to use a DRM removal tool to get them clean. I mean you have to get rid of DRM from iTunes movies before transferring them to the Duet TD300.
To make this (Watch iTunes m4v movie on Book Duet TD300 without issues) happen, we need to get some help from third-party softwares. There are many programs out there allow us to strip DRM from iTunes m4v movies and change M4V to MP4 or something else compatible with Android/Windows-based Tablets. A recommended one here is Pavtube ChewTune.
Speically designed for avid consumers of multimedia who use iTunes, the iTunes DRM Converter will make free iTunes movies yet Blu-ray/DVD Digital Copy out of DRM restriciton and let you watch the movie the way you want. While the playback of the converted iTunes movies is smooth and decent as possible as original. Here’s how to get iTunes M4V movies ready for Asus Transformer Book Duet TD300 playback without issues.
Now just download this software and follow the tips below to make your iTunes movies playable on Transformer Book Duet TD300.
(Click here for Mac OS X 10.5)
A command window will pop up during the installation to install specific audio driver, do not shut down and let it running until the installation completed.
Now you are ready to start the DRM removal process.
1. Run the iTunes movie to Duet TD300 Converter. Then import the movies from iTunes Movie Libray to the program.
2. Click “Format” bar and select an output format for the Transformer Book Duet TD300, .g. H.264 .mp4 for conversion. Basically both the “Common Video >> H.264 Video (*.mp4)” and “Asus” >> ASUS Transformer Pad 300 Video(*.mp4)” are suitable formats for Book Duet TD300.
3. Click the big Convert button to transfer iTunes movies to the Duet TD300 tablet supported videos. The conversion proceeds as iTunes plays the movies. So DO NOT Turn Off iTunes until the conversion is completed.
1. If you want to adjust parameters that affect video quality and file size for the video you prefer, just click on “Settings” to open a profile setting window where you could easily set bitrate, frame rate, codec, channels, sample rate, etc.
2. The DRM removing process may mislead your anti-virus software to falsely report virus/worm. Please ignore the report to keep on ripping.
3. This product cannot convert unplayable video (damaged, unauthorized, etc).
Now, connect your Transformer Book Duet TD300 to computer with USB, and transfer the recorded iTunes videos to TD300 for watching.
When conversion completes, you can download DRM-free iTunes movies from iTunes movie library to Asus Transformer Book Duet TD300. Then you are freely to play iTunes m4v movies on Book Duet TD300 anytime and anywhere.